PRESERVE YOUR LEGACY
Your Oughton bag is an investment. Take pride in caring for it well, and cherish it for a lifetime.
1. Avoid direct, prolonged exposure to sunlight, as it can affect the color of your bag.
2. Keep the bag away from heat sources such as radiators, heaters, and hot car interiors.
3. Avoid prolonged contact with materials that may transfer pigments to the leather, such as denim, dyed fabrics, makeup, magazines, etc.
4. Keep your hands clean. Gently wipe frequently touched areas to remove dirt, oils, and hand cream.
5. Store makeup, liquids, and pens in a separate, lined pouch inside the bag.
6. Avoid overstuffing your bag, as this can permanently alter its shape.
7. Keep the bag dry. If you get caught in the rain, blot wet spots with a clean, lint-free cloth and allow the bag to air dry. Do not use a hair dryer or clothes dryer.
8. Treat stains immediately following the detailed cleaning instructions below.
9. Do not use detergent or bleach.
10. Avoid rubbing against abrasive surfaces.
1. Ensure the bag is completely dry to discourage mold and mildew.
2. Stuff the bag with tissue paper or bubble wrap to help retain its shape.
3. Wrap metal buckles and hardware in tissue paper to avoid leaving marks.
4. Store loosely in the dustbag and air them out monthly. Avoid storing your bag in a plastic bin or bag, since they can trap damaging moisture inside.
5. Store away from direct light and heat sources.
Leather Care & Cleaning
Oughton premium leather is produced by Lazaro, a family-owned business with three generations of experience in traditional leather craftsmanship. It is renowned for its beautiful texture and luxurious softness.
Clean leather occasionally to remove build-up of dirt and grease that can lead to staining. Dust off the leather to remove surface dirt. Then gently wipe using a soft, colorfast cloth and a neutral cleaner made specifically for leather. Remember the handles and straps, too!
Condition once or twice a year using a dedicated leather conditioner to restore natural oils and moisture, keeping the leather supple and protecting against water and stains. Choose your favorite leather conditioner and follow the product manufacturer's directions. Allow the bag to air dry fully before use or storage.
Some cleaning or conditioning products can darken leather, so test them in a hidden spot before proceeding.
Cotton Canvas Care & Cleaning
Oughton canvas is a smooth, woven fabric made of 100% cotton. Its durability and light weight make it ideal for bags and purses. The rich colors, dyed with natural pigments, lend a casual yet classic look when combined with other materials.
Touch up occasionally using a lint roller to remove dust, lint and hair from canvas. For minor marks and stains, spot clean using a soft, white cloth dampened with cold water and mild soap (not detergent). Test any cleaner in a small, inconspicuous area of your bag to make sure it doesn’t affect the bag’s color. After spot cleaning, allow the bag dry in the shade, not full sun. Do not machine wash or dry clean.